Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Update: Billiards is actually hard??

I'm not going to lie, when I first decided to learn billiards, I thought it was going to be pretty easy. After all, I have some prior experience and a table at my disposal to play whenever I want, so it can't be that bad, right? WRONG!
Image result for wrong gif
Honestly is there ever a bad time for a West Wing gif? I think not
                                   
Billiards is actually super hard! I hate math, and there is way more math involved than I had originally expected, so we can add that to the list of things that my family is better than me at, and to the list of losses I have taken over this week. (Spoiler Alert, it's a long list)
                                  Image result for math gif
Anyways, my failures in math isn't why you're here, so let's get back to the point. This week started off well, and I found a super cool quizlet with a bunch of terms to help me learn the vocabulary, and I immediately copied it and passed it off as my own. (Disclaimer: plagiarism is wrong) However, I quickly realized that studying 183 terms that more or less say the same thing is not fun at all, and actually overall kind of sucks.
                                   Image result for that was fun gif
Besides that absolute torture that was learning these vocab words (I'm still not convinced I know them all), I also got to watch some pretty awesome movies on the subject. This was much more fun that the studying, and I may have gotten some actual enjoyment out of that, so thanks for the recommendations!
Image result for The color of money gif
Hopefully one day I can get this good, but probably not. 
That's all for now, but don't worry, I have plenty of struggles and failures to talk about in my post later this week. I look forward to seeing you then!


Oh, and by the way, if you'd like to feel my pain and study the quizlet, here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment